Fiji trip in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DMdoogie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi, I need some advice from some of you Fiji divers abaout planning a trip in April 2010. We are going for two weeks and want one week on a live-aboard and one week at a dive resort. We don't want to dive the same sites for both weeks. Cost is not a major concern, but if we can save a little on a lower end resort, we can spend the $ somewhere else. It would be a plus if we don't have to make a long or complex transfer between the live-aboard and the resort. Where do the live-aboards dock?
Can any of you experts recommend a sample itinerrary? Also, what water temps can we expect in April.?
Thanks for all the help,
DMdoogie

Great plan - I highly recommend a liveaboard and some resort diving in Fiji for diversity in marine life and above water experiences.
The average water temp is between 25 and 30 degrees, April is starting to warm up.
You can find great deals at the moment with Air Pacific for your air fares.
Fiji Aggressor II and Island Dancer II both leave from Suva which is about two hours drive from Nadi where the main airport is located. Have a look at Fiji Liveaboards where you will find some information on Liveaboard options.
Next I would choose a resort/diving package on either Taveuni or Kadavu as they offer excellent diving - Fiji Resorts. My favourite is Matava for its friendliness and its great environmental policies. You will need to fly from Suva or Nadi to reach these islands but it is a short and scenic flight.
I hope this helps you with your plans.

See our web site:Two Tanked Productions HD & SD Underwater Productions and video services

I would strongly recommend one week at Beqa Lagoon Resort and then one week on the Ani'a, Aggressor or Peter Hugh's boat. It will give you great diversity and both South and North diving! Bligh water is the best anywhere! E-6 and Kodak are world class! The boat dives do a great shark feed and the Big fish feed at Beqa is the best in the world! You will have great food and accommodations both weeks! :wink: It is a great way to spend two weeks and you will see more than you can imagine! Should be able to do close to 40 dives as well!

806__MG_0221_Group_Shot_on_Bow_FAIII_Fiji_07.jpg

480__MG_0246_The_Children_of_Wakaya_Fiji_07.jpg

820__MG_5569_Beavis_Butthead_FAIII_Fiji_07.jpg

We did the trip that Papa Bear suggests a few years ago. Stayed at Beqa for a week, then a live aboard for a week. Fairly long day transferring. Boat ride to the mainland, then bus to pick up the live aboard. But you get to see most of the great diving in Fiji. The Beqa lagoon was not anywhere as good as the Bligh Waters, but still great diving.

April is fall in Fiji. That said the weather is different depending on where you go! The north side of the big island is dry compared to the south side. It is the tropics and you get that kind of weather. It can get windy, but not always! Water will be warm low 78* to 81* again depending on location.

480__MG_0065_Beqa_Lagoon_Fiji_07.jpg

Thanks for the info. We just booked a week on Peter Hughes Island Dancer II followed by a week at the Beqa Lagoon. BTW, both Peter Hughes and Pacific Air have good deals if you book by Nov. 15.

You will have a great time! Say hi to Mos, he will be one of your DMs and one of the best! He is great at finding Nudies! The boat is the old Aggressor II and only holds 10 divers and has really big cabins, it was the owners yacht. You can find pictures at my web site of it and the diving! Look in travel Fiji 2007. :D I won't be disappointed!

BTW while shore diving in Beqa lagoon look for the thorn of crowns and if you see any let the manager know!

Back
Top Bottom