Fiji - Wananavu - trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a wonderful trip report!

I second your tip on dollar rental from LAX, we just experienced that on the return from our trip, as the shuttle we booked no showed and we just randomly picked Dollar. We waited no less than 45 minutes and once we finally did get a car, the line had grown to almost out the door of people waiting. There was no staff shortage either. fun stuff.

Fiji sounds amazing, and I am pretty sure the dish you describe that they serve as kokoda, is poisson cru in French Polynesia. It is our favorite food there!

The diving sounds wonderful, and you described everything so beautifully. Did you learn if the sharks were indeed bull sharks? I know that feeling that I get when I realize, this is not a reef shark, but am not quite sure until later what we just saw.

Sounds like a spectacular anniversary/vow renewal and it's so neat that the dive shop helped out and you had a real little ceremony. I think that we are going to add Fiji back on our list after your review. Definitely going to share the review with my husband. He'll love it too.

Amazing trip report! It brought back a lot of fond memories of our trips to Wananavu. I must say the last time we were there they were not upgrading anyone. The ocean view rooms were indeed much better than the garden views ! I agree with you on the vatu-i-ra passage. Kind of hard to put into words how beautiful it is out there!!! Thanks for your detailed report!

Thanks everyone! The ones I couldn't identify at first were Grey Reef Sharks.

Back
Top Bottom