Fill Express...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally I did when I sent a message a week or so ago, but nothing since last night when I sent a post again..

I'm south of FE and am not thrilled with going to Diver's Direct to get my fills. May go back to my old shop, Coastal Marine, but they never seemed to give good fills on my HP80s..

I have been getting fills at Force-E on Federal in Pompano for several years.
I was pretty exclusive to Fill Express until the name changed and the hours of operation were reduced, and reduced, and did I say reduced.

Chug
Has not doved a tank of air in over 12 years.

I just heard about it today from Matt when I was at UnderSeas Sports with an out of town friend who is borrowing my tanks as we were getting them filled at USS. Since I've gotten 98% of my airfills at USS since 1981, I won't personally feel the void, but I know that FE and GDF were stand up operations and I'm very sorry for the loss to the local diving community.

I'm south of FE and am not thrilled with going to Diver's Direct to get my fills. May go back to my old shop, Coastal Marine, but they never seemed to give good fills on my HP80s..

Just remember that Divers Direct requires a green and yellow nitrox sticker on your tank to fill nitrox from their pre-blend banks.

Since those stickers look terrible in cave photos, cost money, can hide corrosion, should be replaced annually, and contain no useful information for anybody as you should always analyze before you dive anything, I can't use Divers Direct for fills. I'm sure I'm not the only one :)

Ah yeah, forgot about those nasty stickers.. thanks for the reminder.

Just remember that Divers Direct requires a green and yellow nitrox sticker on your tank to fill nitrox from their pre-blend banks.

Since those stickers look terrible in cave photos, cost money, can hide corrosion, should be replaced annually, and contain no useful information for anybody as you should always analyze before you dive anything, I can't use Divers Direct for fills. I'm sure I'm not the only one :)

Can't means Won't.

Chug
Not even if if I have to fill them up myself with a bicycle pump, and cutting torch O2 bottle.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom