Filling HP Tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A shop here operates a "high" and a "low" bank, a relic from the days of 1800/2400 steels. They use the low to fill class tanks, and the 5,000 psi high bank has a regulator to set the fill. Easy...

Reactions: OTF
It is definitely a thing, but it is entirely shop dependent. One local shop always gives good full fills. One goes to 3300. Period, If you are waiting, you get 3300 hot, if you drop it off, he will top it again, but only to 3300.
I tend to always fill to full, if it is hot and you are in a hurry, it may get a bit extra to try and settle out correctly,

Buy yourself a tank gauge and be willing to use it at the shop to confirm the fill pressure when you pick up the tank. I know I may sound like an a-hole, but most decent people will top off if you show them an under fill, does not matter the cause. Ditto for an analyzer if you dive Nitrox. Bitching about an under fill later does you no good.

0FED5AD8-2C64-4454-86FB-9C6308F978CF.jpeg
self serve fill station in North Florida. You can fill to whatever psi your comfortable with. Bank’s maximum psi is 4,000.

View attachment 648205
self serve fill station in North Florida. You can fill to whatever psi your comfortable with. Bank’s maximum psi is 4,000.

4300 if you can hit it when the compressors first stop, and I’ve hit it when it’s been as “low” as 3600...

I have been able to get a bed in the house across the street, so I could fill the night before *and* top up next morning. 3900 cold is an extra 100 psi of turn pressure! :)

Amigos is *magical*.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom