Filling Tanks - Humidity vs Temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The air going into your filters is 100% humidity regardless of outside temp or humidity. Your condensors will just work a little more or less at different humidities. Its better to run the compressor when its cool out as the inlet temp of the gas will partly control the outlet (to filter) temp. Cooler air (at 100% humidity) will always have less moisture.

That's exactly why we installed both our compressors inside the air conditioned portion of our dive center, to take advantage of the conditioned air no matter when we fill the banks

Fill with air conditioned air. Make sense.

My compressor is a gas. I am thinking of running the inlet hose into the house (which is air conditioned). So regardless of temperature. It will be much much dryer air.

Excellent idea UaVaj! We also installed a refrigerated drying system at the outlet of our compressors which drop a tremendous amount of moisture out before it goes into our drying tower. That really extends the life of the desicant in the tower and helps ensure final humidity in the low single digit range.

Excellent idea UaVaj! We also installed a refrigerated drying system at the outlet of our compressors which drop a tremendous amount of moisture out before it goes into our drying tower. That really extends the life of the desicant in the tower and helps ensure final humidity in the low single digit range.

I thought of adding a peltier element with fan for the hot side as cooling. But decided that I shouldn't think about crazy modification if I didn't receive the compressor yet.

I thought of adding a peltier element with fan for the hot side as cooling. But decided that I shouldn't think about crazy modification if I didn't receive the compressor yet.

The ones I have seen (for wood stoves) don't move nearly enough air. You are better off with some large room fans blowing on the coils/heads and lots of fresh air. Assuming you don't have an air conditioned space to run it in.

The ones I have seen (for wood stoves) don't move nearly enough air. You are better off with some large room fans blowing on the coils/heads and lots of fresh air. Assuming you don't have an air conditioned space to run it in.

I thought putting it on the condenser. I saw some rated with 40 and with 60 Watt in heat transportation (but did not understand it clear, it might be just the hot side which radiates 60 Watt???). So more water get out there.
But when I started to think about a good design, I had to remind myself, that the compressor did not arrive yet. I haven't found a spot for diving close to my house and I don't know where to put it, yet so worrying about the condenser temperature is premature.

Getting that part cold would help for sure but first need the compressor, hahahaha

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom