Fin recommendations for UK size 3 feet please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have tried several fins over the years and am really struggling to find some with a good fit for a UK size 3, to wear without booties (as I tend to have floaty feet)
I need some that are ideally neutrally buoyant but negatively buoyant could also work
I also need some that enhance my kicks, as I am not a strong kicker underwater (recommendations for improving finning also welcome, as the first time I ever wore fins was when I was 40!)
I cannot find many fins that are 3SX or 2SX, and those that are, are travel fins, that are not great in currents, surely there is a market for smaller fins?
Thank you in advance.

Welcome to ScubaBoard.

If wearing without booties, this implies it's warm water diving -- certainly not diving in the UK!

Booties shouldn't add too much to buoyancy, but may mean you can use larger fins, i.e. small but not child sized. If using booties, there's more choice for stiffer fins which could be more efficient -- Mares Quattro for example.

Improving finning generally needs a mentor or instructor to look at your technique. The good news is it does improve with practice.

scubapro go travel comes in 3XS/2XS for kids sizing if you really don't want to use booties

Welcome to ScubaBoard.

If wearing without booties, this implies it's warm water diving -- certainly not diving in the UK!

Booties shouldn't add too much to buoyancy, but may mean you can use larger fins, i.e. small but not child sized. If using booties, there's more choice for stiffer fins which could be more efficient -- Mares Quattro for example.

Improving finning generally needs a mentor or instructor to look at your technique. The good news is it does improve with practice.
Absolutely to warm water diving 😁
Maybe I should be asking for a none buoyant pair of booties then…

I tried a pair of XS Mares Avanti X3 but the foot pockets were ABSOLUTELY HUGE

Great to hear on the finning 😁

Have you considered a pair of water sport shoes that aren’t neoprene and wear fins over those?

These fins might work for you, especially if you are willing to wear some socks, neoprene or cotton under the fins?

Back
Top Bottom