Fin sizing-Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tracydr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
North Carolina, 3 miles from South Carolina
# of dives
500 - 999
I wear a size extra small in a TUSA split fin. I think it's called a Zoom Fin Extreme. I'd like to get a Jet fin. I'm trying some used Rockets in the smallest size and they are much too large, even with my drysuit boot. Wondering if the Jet Fins will fit, before shelling out the money for them.
i wear a DC drysuit and a ladies size 6.5 or European size 36.
If there's another stiff, DIR style fin that fits smaller and be better, open to suggestion. Thanks!

I wear a men's xl jet. I have a mens size 8/9 (euro 41) in drysuit boots. (bare medium rock boots) Is there any way you can try a pair on before you buy (I inherited mine) Also look at the hollis bat fins, I think the hollis sizing is inbetween the jet fins and the rockets. I wear a M/L in tusa splits.

I wear Ladies 7/Euro 36-37. I have used L Jets with integrated dry suit boots, and with wetsuit booties, and with TurboSoles. They fit fine, but the blade length is pretty short, and I had trouble keeping up with my buddies. I changed to the Dive Rite EXPs in a small -- MUCH longer blade, a little more flexible, and I'm quite convinced I get a lot more power out of them. They come with spring straps, too.

When I started diving in 1986 I got the XL jets and love them. Just got a new drysuit with size 9 DUI rock boots and they just don't fit right now. With an urge to get new XXL jets with optional spring straps i just may lean toward the Hollis f1. Btw a common online store has blemished F1 bat fins size regular for a great price. Too bad I need the XL in those fins. The regular may fit your configuration well though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom