finally......2 centuries old

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rick00001967

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
i know the 200 logged dive mark is not a big deal to some of the vets here, but i am pretty happy about finally breaking through the 200 barrier.
last night we were out at a local spot for the evening. i paired up with Pat and finished off our search and recovery specialty course by doing a basic 90 degree sweep pattern with a line starting in about 30 feet. we were looking for an old boat that was sank on purpose. we located it, attached two lift bags and floated her to the surface. then we towed it in closer to the dive training area. that was dive number 200.
then i stuck around to help out one of our instructors lead a few rookies on their first night dive experience. only had a minor issue with our youngest diver changing her mind before getting to the bottom. no biggy. i'm sure she will do better next time. so we had a nice leisurely swim in near zero viz on a beautiful clear night for dive number 201. whoo hoo !!
something about night diving that really seems to calm me down. it just seems more relaxing for some reason. had a great time.
who knows how long to get to 300 so i better enjoy this moment now

Gongrats on 200. Sure it's a big deal. I am doing 49 and 50 tomorrow. Happy diving.

:) It really is a big deal. Most divers don't get beyond 10 dives. Sounds like you're learning with each dive, and that should be everyone's goal! Congrats!

I thought I'd make it too 100 this year. Unfortunately life got in the way and I'll have to wait until spring.

Congrats on 200!!!

Hell yeah that's a big deal...CONGRAT's, I am still working on 25...so I am right behind you...LOL!!! :wink:

If you're 2 centuries, that makes me 6 millennial. Sigh. Well, Mom says I'm only as old as I feel...

Congrats! I hit my 200th not too long ago and I celebrated it! Every dive is a learning opportunity and the more comfortable and experienced you become, the more you enjoy it (at least that's the way it is for me!). Here's to never losing the enthusiasm :D

Last edited:
Any number is a big deal, so many get certified and never dive again. 200 is certainly an achievement and not an isignificant one, congratulations.

Congrats! At least I'm not the only one who likes the milestones :) I did #100 earlier this year and I'm hoping for #200 before the end of 2013. Then if I stay on track, #300 by next summer. :) It may be a project to get the rest of the 200 done this year, but I'm hopeful... Headed out to the water after work today! :D

Good job, sounds like you're doing some fun dives!

Hi rick0001967,

Congratulations on your 200th and 201st dives. It's a real accomplishment, most divers never make near that count or continue to actively dive. I will always remember my 200th dive on the Spiegel Grove in 2006, not too long after it was made upright by hurricane Dennis

Good diving, Craig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom