Finally doing trip to Xcalak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went to Xcalak by boat from San Pedro, Belize years ago. it's only about two hours...or less. That would be more fun, and easier than driving down from Cancun. I would guess you can still find a boat in San Pedro to take you there. Just go through customs in SP. We landed at a dock in Xcalak, ate lunch, drank a few beers and headed back.

Tickets to Cancun from Texas are relatively cheap as compared to flying to BZE then San Pedro. It would be more fun I guess, but a direct flight, grab a rental seems the fastest, plus we need a car while there.

Really doubt that you can do that now days. There are much more restrictions on diving or visiting for that matter Chinchorro. I think you can do day trips from Ixcalak to San Pedro but that was only a quick back and forth trip. Not sure what troubles you would have clearing immigration in Belize or Mexico.

Really doubt that you can do that now days. There are much more restrictions on diving or visiting for that matter Chinchorro. I think you can do day trips from Ixcalak to San Pedro but that was only a quick back and forth trip. Not sure what troubles you would have clearing immigration in Belize or Mexico.

Not sure if you're referring to traveling from Belize to Xcalak or if you're referring to day trips to Banco Chinchorro. To the best of my knowledge XTC is the only dive shop with permission & permits to visit Chinchorro. See: XTC DIVE CENTER | Banco Chinchorro Scuba Diving and Snorkelling

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom