Finally..... double hose....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You read my mind. I saw someone on eBay selling reg bodies and saw replacement cans at the Scuba Museum and that got me thinking.

Guess that was what you had in mind..I cut the larger opening in those cans for Rob so I an well aware of them.

I have a square label DA but prefer the round label one. Also doesn't the round label have a stronger and longer yoke?

Most of the round labels do have the long yoke but many of the square ones do as well but they are no stronger. There were a few in the later models that had a 3000 yoke but those are rare and you pay dearly for them. Much cheaper just to have a Conshelf or other modern yoke modified to fit. In reality, the common long yoke is plenty strong for the occasional 3000 tank.

---------- Post Merged at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:15 PM ----------

I really don't see the connection between the two. However, you may want to remind the wife that children grow up but a double hose is a joy forever.

The grandbabys need a well tested reg when they get old enough to dive...never to soon to get them one. :)

I really don't see the connection between the two. However, you may want to remind the wife that children grow up but a double hose is a joy forever.

The point was " I THINK " You have more toys than you have time to play with... I'm (wife) gonna need to get toys for the baby... :wink:

Jim...

I have a square label DA but prefer the round label one. Also doesn't the round label have a stronger and longer yoke?
All the round labels have the long yoke (if still in original configuration) but it was introduced earlier on the shiny chrome square label regs.

I put together a spread sheet with time lines for various USD double hose reg models and features indicating when things like label addresses and the long yoke showed up and/or were discontinued, but it's hiding on one of the retired computer hard drives. I'll have to find it again.

^ you, my love, are a geek. just sayin'.

^ you, my love, are a geek. just sayin'.
You *secretly* (very secretly) covet my various double hose regs and just want to dive them more...

Go ahead, you can say it:

"My name is Marci and I'm a doublehosaholic".

Group: "Hi Marci!"

All the round labels have the long yoke (if still in original configuration) but it was introduced earlier on the shiny chrome square label regs.

I put together a spread sheet with time lines for various USD double hose reg models and features indicating when things like label addresses and the long yoke showed up and/or were discontinued, but it's hiding on one of the retired computer hard drives. I'll have to find it again.

The very last RAM regulators had a heavier yoke. It had a throat depth greater than the original standard duty yoke and heavier "legs" than a standard duty long yoke. I have two such round label RAMs, one is NOS. Unfortunately, the throat depth is slightly less on the heavy yoke making the use of a banjo bolt problematic with some more modern tank valves. The stretch under pressure is noticeably less with the heavy yoke as it is a 3,000 psi service yoke though it is not quite as heavy duty as the modern Phoenix. If I were not packing for a trip I would get them out and measure to double check my memory. Legend has it that a very, very few round label DAs had a heavy yoke also, I even claim to have seen one, brother to my NOS round label, heavy yoke RAM. Both were still in the box but the history is not fully clear on either.

Oops, I forgot I had pics of a minty, NOS, round label, heavy yoke RAM I acquired, worked over and sold a few years back and it now lives happily with a vintage community member:

DSCF00132.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0017-1.jpg

DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0014.jpg

The regulator pictured above was and is the real deal complete with all original neoprene hoses and parts, I bagged most of those up for the new owner for long term preservation replacing all but the hoses with new silicone parts for his daily diving pleasure from vintage super store vdh. Silicone, a mans best friend, well, uh, never mind.

And the of course, my hanger queen, Navy HPR, no sacrilege either as it is another junkyard dog, all new left over parts and new vdh parts, I can do what I like with it and not feel guilty:

DSCF0002-1.jpg

Hmm, what is that peaking out from beyond yon Mach V and Freedom Plate, could it be a 50 Fathom, only I, Nemrod, and the Shadow knows for sure.

DSCF0025.jpg

N

Last edited:
Oops, I forgot I had pics of a minty, NOS, round label, heavy yoke RAM I acquired, worked over and sold a few years back and it now lives happily with a vintage community member.
Hey Nem, if that's the reg you sold to Paul who took it here to the Philippines, and which ended up with Jim in Alabama, then it really travelled all over the world :D

Hey Nem, if that's the reg you sold to Paul who took it here to the Philippines, and which ended up with Jim in Alabama, then it really travelled all over the world :D

Yeah, it has, has it not? I was coming up the walkway at St Andrews State Park when a person who I had never seen before approached me as I showered off, still in full gear, and he asked me if I was Nemrod. At which point I gave my usual coy answer something to the effect that it depends upon who is asking, my hand secretly reaching for the SeaHawk just in case! That because I never know if it is a scubaboard long hose aficionado wanting to beat me up or something :O . Or maybe the manatee police or such. :wink:. But, it was Mr. Jim from 'bama, hope he enjoys it. I often kick myself for letting it go to begin with.

N

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom