Finally fins that fit my rock boots!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luis, no, I haven't had any luck finding a fin with a bigger foot pocket. What I did do, though, was go to Chuck Taylor high top tennis shoes instead of rock boots -- they give similar support and have a good sole, but they WILL fit in the Jets, and I could buy them in a size that really fit properly over the drysuit socks. And they're cheap.

Your highness, follow this link( CLASSIC [F8100] :: Tilos, Inc ) to a fin that has performance and response similar to that of the SP Jet but with a more generous foot pocket. I own the XL size of this fin and it has a far better pocket than the pockets on my SP Jets. The pockets are also deeper than the Jet's pockets giving your feet better leverage when finning.

As for stretching out the pockets of Jets, you can speed up the process by dipping the shimmed pocket into a pot of just boiled water. 15 seconds should be sufficient for the stretching to be permanent. Be careful not to overstretch though or you may find yourself in the market for a new pair of fins.

So, the question is, have you found any of the Scubapro Jet Fin clones with a slightly larger foot pocket but the same size blade as the L? In her case just a tiny bit larger foot pockets would be a huge improvement.

She has tried other boot over her drysuit neoprene socks, but she does like the rock boots even do they are far from a perfect fit.

Luis, follow this link( CLASSIC [F8100] :: Tilos, Inc ) to a fin that may serve your wife's needs. The size M/L shoud be an excellent fit for her. Read my previous post to the Borg Queen for details.

Joe

p.s. Don't let the size label fool you. These fins were made with the Rock boot diver in mind.

Back
Top Bottom