Finally going to the Grove???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cincy,

Where are you flying into? The reason I ask is that I work for Delta in Ft. Lauderdale. If you're flying in here, and getting in late, look for a Delta mechanic standing in the jetway when you get off the plane, it might be me.

Scott

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...
I'll be there is 6 weeks. Can't wait. Diving with SeaDwellers and staying at the Holiday Inn, flying Delta.

My wife & I will be in KeyLargo the week of 10/26-10/31 as well.

We use Bluewaterdivers the most. I have done the Grove with them several times. In fact KeyLargoBrent was one of the guys I buddied with on our recent Night Dive on the Grove (Awsome dive). Brent's knowledge of the wrecks is Impressive.

We are going to attempt my wife's first Grove dive that week(conditions permitting), so we will probably stay shallow (<80-85),on that one. There is plenty to see between 55-80 fsw.

However if after you check it out, you want to go deeper, do the well deck, or even some straight thru penatrations, let me know. I could buddy up with you.

I would also be up for a Duanne or Bibb dive. All three ships sit at 130' But the Duane is upright & the main deck is about 110fsw.
The Bibb is on her side like the Grove but because its a much smaller beam, the dive is deeper. (the Grove is 85' wide, you hit the deck at 55fsw)

Padipro once bubbled...
Cincy,

Where are you flying into? The reason I ask is that I work for Delta in Ft. Lauderdale. If you're flying in here, and getting in late, look for a Delta mechanic standing in the jetway when you get off the plane, it might be me.

Scott

We haven't got the tickets yet, but I'm 99% sure it will be Miami. Sounds cool, I have 2 cousins and my best friend are A & P's also.

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...
I'll be there is 6 weeks. Can't wait. Diving with SeaDwellers and staying at the Holiday Inn, flying Delta.

I dived with them when I was brand new, and they were good for a greenhorn newbie. I looked your Profile; YOU AIN'T NO NEWBIE! :grad: Someone correct me if I'm wrong, or if they've changed...??

I did the H-Inn package, too. You get a 2-tank trip with each night of stay, right? I did 3 nights, and 3 trips in 1-1/2 days, then tried another operator.

But if you're not locked in, and if no one corrects me, I'd suggest Ocean Divers for you :thumb: or many others?! You could run a search, and check other times this has been discussed in the last year. Should be hours of reading...

don

bubblejunkie once bubbled...
Thanks any good oil rig diving off texas thought about a carbon and steel slinging trip in texas

I'm 600 miles from the coast, so you'll have to ask one of the costal Texans. What is "carbon and steel slinging" anyway?

don

dandydon once bubbled...

I dived with them when I was brand new, and they were good for a greenhorn newbie. I looked your Profile; YOU AIN'T NO NEWBIE! :grad: Someone correct me if I'm wrong, or if they've changed...??

I did the H-Inn package, too. You get a 2-tank trip with each night of stay, right? I did 3 nights, and 3 trips in 1-1/2 days, then tried another operator.

But if you're not locked in, and if no one corrects me, I'd suggest Ocean Divers for you :thumb: or many others?! You could run a search, and check other times this has been discussed in the last year. Should be hours of reading...

don

I haven't dove Largo or Marathon in a LONG TIME. We actually have points to stay at the Holiday Inn for Free and Flying for Free too. But I have a friend that works as a Diver in Key Largo that told me SeaDwellers was pretty good. Ocean Divers is HUGE. Seems like they would be a cattle boat. But I can't verify that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom