Finally some pictures and a review of my E-PL1 underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Frank,

Nice stuff. Not sure the UCL-167 makes much headway at anything other than 42mm when the zoom is doing the same thing as the C/U lens without the extra glass. Did the new wreck in G.C. myself last month while teaching a U/W workshop for Hasselblad. How wack is that, a $40,000.00 camera and it doesn't even do video.

Phil Rudin

Hi, what was the setting for the video and what lighting did you use?
I think I had the video set for aperture mode and 5.6. I really should have set it to manual or at least a smaller aperture, but forgot.
I used a red filter for the footage around the wreck.
Used auto WB.
I used my sola 600 video/focus light, but it's not that great for video during the day unless you are pretty close to the subject. So mostly it was just ambient light with help on the close-ups from the sola600.
I did some post processing color balance in my video software.

Hi Frank,

Nice stuff. Not sure the UCL-167 makes much headway at anything other than 42mm when the zoom is doing the same thing as the C/U lens without the extra glass. Did the new wreck in G.C. myself last month while teaching a U/W workshop for Hasselblad. How wack is that, a $40,000.00 camera and it doesn't even do video.

Phil Rudin
Thanks Phil,
Agree, I can't see much point of using the C/U lenses unless you are at 42mm.

I used to use Hasselblads to take pictures of brains a long long time ago (a job, not a hobby). It was a splendid machine. But yes.. $40K and no video .. it's a shame. But can you imagine the processing power needed for a 60 megapixel sensor (80MB RAW files) at 24fps or more. They should probably just use a wee bit of the sensor for video, but Hassalblad never tried to follow the pack.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom