Finally the ok to wear a speedo!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also, just food for thought, when we were in Bonaire last year/August. We did observe a group of male divers from Germany who were entirely nakie under their wetsuits. They came out of the water, stripped off their neoprene, actually dried themselves off...everywhere and for a long time with towels while standing in the middle of everywhere for all to see. Once they were dried off, they put on their swim board short type suits and went on their way. I will admit it was more interesting and entertaining than seeing gentlemen in true speedo's. Hey, they were having a great time while on vacation, nothing wrong with that. Besides as a nurse of 32 years , believe me when I say I am not unfamiliar or blush with nakedidiness...it was just comical to see :rofl3:

There was a couple of Germans that did this very thing last year at Blue Angel's shop in Coz. They got off the boat, walked up to the shop, and stripped off. Nobody said a word, but Pony was just standing there shaking his head....LOL.

There was a couple of Germans that did this very thing last year at Blue Angel's shop in Coz. They got off the boat, walked up to the shop, and stripped off. Nobody said a word, but Pony was just standing there shaking his head....LOL.
Now that's rude ! I mean, I'm not prude and don't mind going to nude beaches in Europe, but would never consider even going topless in Cozumel.
But Speed… I mean butt huggers, are a different story, some local DMs wear them, they're not offensive or inappropriate (as long as you're on the boat, beach or by the pool, of course).

Now that's rude ! I mean, I'm not prude and don't mind going to nude beaches in Europe, but would never consider even going topless in Cozumel.
QUOTE]
When we where at the palapita the last time I was there in Feb. a lady wearing a larger bikini top and smaller bottom decided that out front by the pier was a great place to sunbath topless. I didnt notice her but all of a sudden a whole bunch of guys decided to have a beer from Papa hogs cafe. She was blonde,tall and just wearing a smile while chatting with her play mate. But I didnt really notice her. honest.
Ok back to the speedo issue, it was originally about sea lice larvae and how they are better to keep the larvae away from the skin as they are very tight.

But as noted I suppose this is a piece of clothing to be worn only by the beautiful people. And those that dont really care.....:eyebrow:

Wow, what an interesting bunch of posts. Are we going to start banning people from diving because they don't look good in wetsuits, next? I didn't know that scuba diving was such a glamour sport!!

IMHO, if a man (including my husband) is more comfortable wearing a speedo under his wetsuit, then he should do just that. He is not there to make you happy or entertain you! If you only want to see pretty people, go sit at the local Hooters and oogle to waitresses. As for me, I am going to go diving and enjoy myself.

robin

If only they were under wetsuits. The first time I visited Cayman Brac, we met a guy on our boat who had a collection of speedos, the first day out he wore a white one, I thought, he'll put on a dive skin, maybe a shorty but no, that was it, white speedo.
Good Gawd!

If only they were under wetsuits. The first time I visited Cayman Brac, we met a guy on our boat who had a collection of speedos, the first day out he wore a white one, I thought, he'll put on a dive skin, maybe a shorty but no, that was it, white speedo.
Good Gawd!

Was he white guy, late 30's, shaved 100% of his body, lives and works in IT in Texas? Same experience in Aqua Cat a few years ago. He was wearing various thong Speedos.

My eyes still have those images burnt in them.

Should be posted in the Near Misses forum

My husband is always conscious of his speedo. As soon as he takes off his wetsuit, he dries off with a towel then puts on some jammer shorts over it. He does not walk around on the boat!

I wish some women were as sensible as he is - I hate it when some lady pulls off her wetsuit then parades around the boat like she is at a Playboy model shoot. Most women are modest enough to wrap in a towel but there always seems to be one chick who doesn't realize her boobs are hanging out of her top as she walks around saying hello to everyone on the boat, bending over to get something out of her dive bag, etc. Uggghhh.

robin:D

I knew a bunch of people who preferred to dive naked because of the sea lice, although on shared boats they wore thongs as a consideration to their boatmates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom