finally

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
my LDS had a free discover scuba day i was waiting for, went there and absolutly loved it as i would have imagine, before i left i signed up for my basic open water courses, there suppose to start later in august like the 21st after they get back from a trip. but im super excited. cant wait to finally be certified and start diving every chance i get. just thought id share with everyone how unbelieveable excited i am right now :D

Great! Hope the training goes very well and you enjoy your new hobby :)

Great to see another person getting into the sport! I just completed my OW certification, and the feeling is awesome! Best of luck to you, and keep us posted on your progress!

Fantastic!!!! Keep us all posted on how it's all going!

Congrats, and I just started my OW class last night. Tonight is our first pool session. I'm really pumped. Next weekend is the actual OW cert dives, and I'm even more pumped about that.

ill definatly let everyone know how it goes, ive been religiously going over my books and videos, i hope to have everything down by the time class comes. it really sucks having to wait this long to get class started haha but oh well itll get here.

Greetings sjmueller61990 and welcome to the world of diving!
It is easy to hear the anticipation in your voice! That is awesome and as you have been doing continue to study.
If you have access to a pool take your mask snorkel and fins to the pool.
Practice no mask breathing with your snorkel. Put your snorkel in and put your face into the water while on the shallow part of the pool. Breath normally and gain valuable comfort experience before your pool training.
If this is a challenge then take it one step at a time and before long your brain will realize it is all good. It takes some people longer than others but I have witnessed many overcome this skill. It was one of the toughest for me to conquer personally in OW.

The rest will be covered by your instructor and if you have a DVD watch it till the thing is wore out! It is a great learning tool to demonstrate skills.
Oh and by the was HAVE FUN! Good luck.

CamG Keep diving....Keep training....Keep learning!

It is good to see such excitement! The tips CamG offered is some very good ideas. If there is anything I can help you with or any questions I can answer for you (especially things of local concern), please feel free to ask. That's what I'm here for! Enjoy your Open Water Diver course & have fun! Good luck in your endeavors.

Back
Top Bottom