finally

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice job on everyone here starting their diving career. The fun and excitement does not go away. I dive often, and it's still just as much fun as my first check out dives.

I agree with tstormdiver...........we're all a little nervous as we tackle the unknowns with the sport. Just take your time, listen to your instructors, and you will be very comfortable soon.

I just washed suits and gear from last weekend. I can't wait until this weekend! Have fun and dive safe.

Just wanted to hop in and share in the excitement. I haven't started my OW classes yet and it will be a few months (at least) before I can, but I'm working through the book and DVD now. I just ordered my mask on Saturday (at the LDS, they didn't have the color I wanted in stock) and I can't wait to start my classes!

Mizzie, You'll have a blast! The biggest things you can do is go into the class with an open mind & a sense of adventure! Good luck & enjoy!

Great, have a ball in your OW class :)

Mizzie, You'll have a blast! The biggest things you can do is go into the class with an open mind & a sense of adventure! Good luck & enjoy!

Oh, I know I will. I have actually dived before. When I was 12, I went to visit some family out west. My uncle worked at a scuba place and they gave us an extreme crash course so we could go out a few times. One of the greatest experiences of my life!

But, I didn't ever get the chance to go again, and that was so long ago and it was such a crash course (although I did technically pass), that I just call myself uncertified with no experience. And obviously the smart thing to do (and the only thing I would even consider!) is to just take the class and get properly certified. But at least I do know a little bit what I'm getting in to and that I'll enjoy it. :D

sweet, maybe youll remember a little of what they said and that would make the class a little easier or more understandable for you.

I am now officially PADI Open Water scuba certified. I had an absolute blast this weekendlearning everything, and getting to try everything for the first time under water. just an absolutly wonderful time :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom