Finger Lakes and Eastern Lake Ontario?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markfm

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi --
Looking for recommendations on good places to do day trips, shore diving, Eastern Lake Ontario or the Finger Lakes.
(Beautiful Baldwinsville is just West of Sunny Syracuse)
Thanks!

Hmm, the sound of silence... :) Any shore diving around Fairhaven or Sodus Point?

markfm:
Hi --
Looking for recommendations on good places to do day trips, shore diving, Eastern Lake Ontario or the Finger Lakes.
(Beautiful Baldwinsville is just West of Sunny Syracuse)
Thanks!

Did a couple of dives in Canandaigua Lake last year with Pisces Divers out of Rochester.

ACK!! You'd be better off diving 'the crate' with Derek!!! In Sodus, I believe you can dive the St Pete. http://playfair.homestead.com/files/scuba/fresh/StPeter.html The guy who runs Aquarius Divers runs a boat out there. He's a good one to hook up with. There are a few more wrecks in Ontario, new ones just found, but I don't know who's running out to them.

Heather.

Thanks :) Looks like a couple of other local lakes and resevoirs are also fair game (I'm new enough to enjoy just seeing the fish :)

markfm:
Thanks :) Looks like a couple of other local lakes and resevoirs are also fair game (I'm new enough to enjoy just seeing the fish :)
Mark, are you able to dive on Thurs. or Fri. days? If so my dive buddy and I go to A-Bay for the day and you are welcome to join us. If weekday eve. dives are what you are looking for National Aquatic on Erie Blvd. has a boat dive on Wed. and Fri. at Skeaneatlas. They also run an afternoon dive on weekends in the afternoon that is a 2 tank dive. Give them a call at 1-800- 732-3483 (1-800-seadive).

chuck
chuckrt@hotmail.com

Sounds good, thanks. Thursdays and Fridays I tend to work, though don't mind taking afternoons off. I'll have to check out the Skaneateles dives

Back
Top Bottom