Finished Divemaster, Did I just Make a Mistake?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have no need for a DM for your class size and they want to tag along, fine. If you're using them to increase your ratio, I don't care if they're still wet behind the ears from their DM check out dive, pay them.
8:1 is instruction in name only as it is. It means the 0-2 naturals in the class already got it, 2-3 worst students will get just enough instructors attention not to die, and the rest are left to sink or swim. Might still beat them getting a set of second-hand gear and figuring it out on their own in the shallows, but not by much.

Now that the thread has calmed down a bit, I want to thank everyone for voicing their opinions, concerns, and suggestions. I understand now that this needs to be approached as a hobby, instead of a stream of income considering the factors with regards to my specific dive shop. I appreciate the candid assessment, and this conversation has been more than helpful. Happy diving everyone.

Back
Top Bottom