Fins & Coral

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cummings66:
Here's one thing I do know, all agencies have their agenda and why they teach the way they do. I believe accidents happen in most cases because of inattention or complacency. I know I had a close call because I'd been there and done that, even had a t shirt. That attitude almost got me, and I know better than many the costs. I do SAR and have seen accidents due to complacency end badly.

It's not about who trained you, it's about how you put that training into daily practice.

Exactly right, so basically, why is it wrong to ask for specific information? And if that information is not available, what is the overall opinion of more experienced divers (namely anyone with more than 5 dives) on which agency stresses training skills that will not just get you wet, but will ensure you return to dry off?

I'm just new here myself but I think CcardVol is just jokin...tryin ta git a rise out'a ya's... I myself like to think that I can recognize and take a joke, as well as dish'm out occasionally... the only time jokin & tomfoolery get's to me is if it's where obviously inappropriate...other than that...life's too short, ( for this ol bubbleblower ) to let someone get to me so easy.
The 1st question he asked seemed reasonable ,to me, for a new diver to ask,especially after it came to light that all he wants is recommendations for AOW course from those three agencys. It generated some well spoken and articulate replies... I myself may have even learned something, albeit accidently maybe, from them...
I do think it's important for new divers to be able to ask questions, even dumb ones, from fellow more experienced divers, I was taught that diving is supposed to be more cooperative, than competitive. I kind of figured that what he was doing with his second and third inquirys was probably going ahead and asking really dumb questions out of frustration maybe, he WAS berated for asking what he thought was a good question...

ccardvol:
Also, where's the best dive site I can sneak large pieces of coral out of?

John Pennecamp Park, go for it

You can't expect to get pleasant responses to an intentionally stupid and provocative question (the coral one in this thread).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom