Fins for Red Sea Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oreocookie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I’m starting to pack for my trip (flight is on Monday) and trying to decide what fins to bring: my open heel Quattros or my full foot Quattros.

The last few years, I’ve brought the full foots on warm water trips when I knew I wouldn’t be doing any shore diving, but the use of tenders is throwing a wrench into my thought process - will I want boots?

For reference, I’ll be on Sea Serpent Grand doing North and Brothers.

Thanks,

Either would be fine. A whole week of liveaboard diving in full foot fins without socks would cause me problems, but if you know you'll be OK, then I don't see an issue. EDIT: going up a ladder on a tender barefoot might not be ideal.

I did the same itinerary on that boat recently. There have a few posts about it. I would hate to piss on your party, but forewarned is forearmed.

Either would be fine. A whole week of liveaboard diving in full foot fins without socks would cause me problems, but if you know you'll be OK, then I don't see an issue. EDIT: going up a ladder on a tender barefoot might not be ideal.

I did the same itinerary on that boat recently. There have a few posts about it. I would hate to piss on your party, but forewarned is forearmed.
I appreciate the warning. When we booked the boat, I couldn’t find many reviews, but I had had a good experience in the past with Explorer Ventures, who also advertise this boat. Hopefully the chef has gotten a bit better recently.

I don’t think you will be using a dingy on that itinerary. I would go with boots and open heel regardless

I appreciate the warning. When we booked the boat, I couldn’t find many reviews, but I had had a good experience in the past with Explorer Ventures, who also advertise this boat. Hopefully the chef has gotten a bit better recently.

It wasn't a bad trip, just didn't suit me with where I'm at in my diving. Hope it is good for you.

Opens fins and booties, most definitely.

Full foot with 1mm neoprene socks. Just did a week on the Aggressor in the deep south with no issues. Full foot fins are my go to for warm water boot diving. The ladders on the tenders were no issues as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom