Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kevinpleong

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I usually wear a mens size 9 or 10 shoe. I have a wide foot and need a high pocket. I would like to purchase a pair of scuba diving fins but am worried about the fit. I have booties and would like to purchase a pair of fins that are somewhat lightweight so that I can take them on dive trips with me.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Scubapro Go Sports are good all around fins with a large and comfortable foot pocket.

The Tecline LightJets are hard to get in the US. The Deep6 Eddy fins appear to be from the same molds, but use a somewhat stiffer and heavier material.

Are you planning on diving in warm or cold water? Many cold water divers want heavier fins to counteract the buoyancy of drysuits or thick wetsuits on their lower bodies.

GI Dive is a European webshop that ships Tecline stuff to the US without problem. Link is in the second post of this thread.

I plan on mainly doing travel dives. I live in northern California near Monterey and it is very cold here so I don't like to do dives here.

I hear the Scubapro Go Sport is an excellent fin for warm water diving. Lightweight too. So then you have at least two good options.

For travel and diving warm water for me it is either or Scubapro Go Sport or Mares Avanti Quattro plus.

The Scubapro Go Sport fins are your best bet, good for local and tropical diving. Very comfortable and efficient fins.
My worry about the Scubapro Go Sport fins are the pocket size. They don't look like they have a very wide or tall pocket. I have wide high feet and am worried about the size pocket.

Back
Top Bottom