First 360 Panoramic Underwater Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried your site 3 times, the first two were fresh logins & when I clicked on the panorama there were various flashes & a background process (a weather display) died, but I never got to whatever should have happend. The third time was later in the second session (hope that makes sense) & I got a blue screen crash. I was able to log back in and don't think there was any permanent harm. For some reason this logged me out of a couple of accounts & I had a heck of a time remembering how to log back into YouTube.

Heaven knows what my java status is. It seems like I'm asked to update it every time I boot & I tend to ignore it most of the time.

I'm totally intrigued by what you're doing, but think I'll stick with your YouTube videos for a while.

Please post some pictures of your rig.

Hi Tim.

I just tried this link right now and it's working. This is tested on all machines I have and several browsers.
SSM 360 Video Page

If it still doesn't work, can you tell me what you are seeing and what type/version of OS and browser you are running?

Regarding the crash that 3D saw, I will have to google around see if IE9 has fits with Adobe Flash. My 360 player that uses Flash is just a configuration of a commercial product, krpano. All I did was add new flash elements to the project.

Thanks for the feedback.

-Brian

I just tried it in Firefox 16.0 / Win7 and everything seemed properly functional.

It is super cool by the way. Maybe you could do one on a shallow reef (assuming you have one) - lots of natural light so no need for artificial lighting.

That's really cool! It would be a great way for someone to study a wreck dive, before doing it.

Works again! Still very excited to see what can come out of this.

Computer is a Macbook Pro with OS 10.7.5 and Safari 6.0.2.

cool function! It would be interesting to se a shoot of your setup.

Another shot from the starboard deck of the Mohawk. There's some cudas and AJs in this one. A few seam distortions I will need to address but still pretty satisfied. Note that this is a compressed and resized web version of the original HD video. At 2076x480 pixels, it's half the dimensions of the original rendered video and only 20MB. The original is over 4GB.
New 360 Video of Mohawk - Starboard Deck | USS Mohawk

.... just need to find some great vis now with more sunlight :)

Back
Top Bottom