First BCD for DM. Help!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Scubapro Classic B.C. is a favorite for DiveMasters around the world.

Don't get sold on manufacturing/seller's bling. BCDs should be simple and IMO the cheaper the better as they all eventually fail somewhere after a couple thousand dives.

A couple of pockets, a couple of D-rings and holds air.

Currently looking at the Cressi Aquaride Elite or the Cressi Aquapro 5... any reviews on those two? Or something more basic I should be looking at?

I personnaly like the Aqualung Dimension I3 BC. It is nice to not have my secondays on my chest but to have an octo with a long yellow hose for emergency situations. I've tried scuba pro and oceanic BCs and they were good but the clean setup that the I3 series gives is just better for me.

This may sound a little snarky but by the time you have been a working DM for a while shouldn't have your own gear or at least know what gear you should have. In my DM class having our own gear was expected as part of the commitment to the class and diving.

This may sound a little snarky but by the time you have been a working DM for a while shouldn't have your own gear or at least know what gear you should have. In my DM class having our own gear was expected as part of the commitment to the class and diving.

He may have taken a zero to hero course. I remember walking into the dive shop a few months after I was certified and getting the hard sell to do an AOW course. The instructor told me one of my OW classmates (there was 6 of us) was already a dive master and thinking of IDC. So it can go pretty fast.

The best advice is to ask a local DM, as they have professional level knowledge and good awareness of appropriate features for diving in your local area, along with market knowledge of what is available/stocked (along with service/support) within easy reach.

My preferred BCD during my years as a Divemaster (working in the UK and S.E.Asia) was the Halcyon Eclipse.

I have an el cheapo jacket BC that I use on the rare occasion I'm asked to do so when assisting with classes (I'm a volunteer DM from time to time) but I hate it and I would never dive with it. It's a scubapro, a precursor to the "classic" that the Beav is shilling.

Prove it. Statistics? I call invented male-bovine effluent...

Forget the statistics, at $780 for the classic (Leisure Pro) and $799 for a Halcyon Eclipse (Extreme Exposure), what would you pick? LOL

At these prices I would not expect either of them to be very popular with the locals in S.E. Asia. Well except maybe for Singapore and Hong Kong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom