First BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nelia1978

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
:D:D Just wanted to share my joy.. I just went to one of the LDS close to my house, and they had a good deal on the BCD that I bought.. I could not resist lol. I know I am not certified yet but this will come in June, then i am off to FL and dive some more.

I bought a Bare Blackjack. I saw that there in the US its obviously cheaper but I did get it for 439$ plus tax. I think I got a great deal for a Montreal dive shop..

=)

I would ordinarily suggest that you wait until you have tried out some gear before buying anything or just buy a backplate and wing....

I have read alot about BP/W but I like the jacket. I dont think I would be confortable yet with the BP/W.

Also another reason I started buying is because I know that if i dont have half the equipment, it will be hard for me to go out and dive on the w/e. To rent gear is about 120$ a weekend, and the BCDs they have are really not that great. I am going to hold out on the Reg for now; that I will rent until I dont have my own.

I have read alot about BP/W but I like the jacket. I dont think I would be confortable yet with the BP/W.

there is nothing to be uncomfortable with on a BP/W, there isn't a much better feeling that when you have nothing wrapped around you besides a little harness. I would do some more research before its to late to take that thing back...

:D:D Just wanted to share my joy..
=)

I remember how happy I was when I bought my first BC. My wife joked that I looked at it the way I used to look at her :)
Hope you enjoy it.

I remember how happy I was when I bought my first BC. My wife joked that I looked at it the way I used to look at her :)
Hope you enjoy it.

LOL thats funny

You got to try it for yourself.............

I would ordinarily suggest that you wait until you have tried out some gear before buying anything or just buy a backplate and wing....

When you do find work you'll be able to buy a nice BC like a Bare Blackjack.

Not everyone wants or likes the BP/W....the hype around here just gets old. <sigh>

Congrats to the OP for your new BC purchase, I hope you enjoy it for many years to come. :)

Not everyone wants or likes the BP/W....the hype around here just gets old. <sigh>

Thanks for saying this. The hype really does get old. People recommending them or suggest that people try them, that I can respect, people saying you should just get a bp/w and skip buying a bc twice bugs me. I think people should try a lot, research a lot, do a lot of window shopping, price crunching whatever they want or need for them to make a decision and then buy that. Personally, in a lot of pics I've seen divers with bp/w's look like they've got a hot dog on their back. That isn't to say I won't try them...

To the OP, congrats on your purchase. Enjoy it and then enjoy it some more.

Back
Top Bottom