First camera, canon or olympus?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jameseg, having owned both id like to know it you find anything that seperates them in video?

To be honest, I don't shoot much video. Just a couple non-white balanced clips here and there. I'm not sure I've even used the Olympus for video yet.

As far as topside, I'm in the same boat as Gilligan - not enough zoom with the Canon S95. I use a slightly older Panasonic with a 10x lens. Small sensor, but works fine for outside shots.

James

I think iv decided to go 4/3s over the compacts. Next question is, is the pm1 package still available? Or does anybody want to let one go?

does anybody ise the 10bar housings? What is the fov on the standard semi dome, compard to the dome available for the pm1 olympus housing?

and is the pl3 better suited to underwater? Looks like the 10bar housing for pl3 plus camera will run near the same price as a pm1 deal adding the dome. Also 10bar mentions manual focus? Does this mean you could esentially use a cheaper fisheye lense, like the rokinon?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom