First dive in Bonaire!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd add another tip - pack your Crocs when staying in locations with tile floor that will be wet. I keep them on patio and slip on before entering condo, wear them till I jump in shower, then step out and right back into Crocs again.

I, too, use Crocs a lot, but would pass along some advice I got from my mother's boss that proved true; once Crocs get old & worn, their soles can get smooth and if you get on a wet, smooth surface, slick & a fall hazard.

I found this to be true.

Richard.

I love reading all these tips! Some of my travel tips:
- Pack a zip lock baggie or a bar of laundry detergent. Good for freshening up swimsuits etc. in between laundering.
- Burn some CD's for your trip. It is dirt cheap and ideal for listening to when driving(especially to dive sites). I hide mine in the automobile manual/booklet. Although I think my husband would actually pay somebody would steal my ABBA CD.
- I have had great luck with Picaradin (found on Amazon)as a bug repellant. Used it in Roatan and not a single bite-plus it is virtually odorless.
-Take an abundance of pictures. I remember my Mom once instructed me to get a lot of people pics. She said "You can always find a photograph of the landscape and scenery, but the people pics are replaceable. At the time what you think is a terrible and unflattering photo is one that will make you smile and laugh down the road." Very true!

Great post guys! This was a great trip, I'll write a review soon detailing some of my interactions with the dive shop. Bonaire is my new favorite place to dive, but i doubt I would stay at Plaza again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom