First Doubles dives in Hayama...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagfish

The man behind the fish
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Thanks to the help of Steve
I was finally able to do my first doubles dives with this weekend. We'd been trying for two weeks, but the weather wasn't cooperating.

Today was a great day at Hayama; warm, sunny and flat as glass...We went in a couple hours ahead of high tide, so we had a pleasant entry, and nice exit, too.

My first time with twin AL80s was great from the start (actually, first time with twin anything). Still sussing out my weight, but that's just fine tuning.

We had a great two hours of diving, took our brief surface interval floating on the surface to save the swim/walk back in. Practiced some drills and kicks and generally enjoyed the good conditions.

Thanks, Steve...

Sounds nice. My first few times on doubles I was overweighet and didnt have such a good time a few dives later it all fell intoplace. Glad you had a good experiance from the get go.

I'm not sure I could even stand up wearing doubles! Walking up and down a beach......bah...........maybe from a boat.

Hey Kim, even my wife dive doubles now. With two steel deco bottles, walking to the beach. She is 150 cm and xx kg.

I am happy it went fine Jim. You have developed a lot since May. Steve, great job.

Thomas

TJO:
Hey Kim, even my wife dive doubles now. With two steel deco bottles, walking to the beach. She is 150 cm and xx kg.

I am happy it went fine Jim. You have developed a lot since May. Steve, great job.

Thomas

:11: Time to head to the gym!

hell i think just lugging them around on your back and to the fill stations makes you stronger, I cant imagine steel douobles!!

WaterDawg:
hell i think just lugging them around on your back and to the fill stations makes you stronger, I cant imagine steel douobles!!
Well - up and down the steps at Maeda with doubles would probably get you fit fairly quick!!:eyebrow:

congrats. I love double al80's, wish i had a set, but all I got is my steel doubles.

What BC rig were you using?

What drills and skills did you do?

Back
Top Bottom