First Impressions Diver Rite LTZ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

olphart

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Had my first dive with my LTZ. Quarry, 48deg, Full undies, Fusion Tech, LP85's, LTZ weight plate

Liked: - compact, simple harness, light
took off 6 of the 15lb of lead, (only need 12 w/ my Nomad XT, but I was being careful to have enough at first)
the position of the weight with the plate up the center of my back was just right. I might be able to remove another lb or two. We'll see.
-trim will be just about right once I lower the bottom clips on my tanks, (still a bit foot heavy w/ my Powerplanas)
Did not like:
-REALLY short inflator hose. I moved it to the left side. I had to really pull on it to get it to where I could inflate orally, stretching it more than I'd like. it ended up pretty much between my 1st stage and my body which created a problem later in the dive. I thought the inflator had crapped out, wouldn't inflate or deflate, (hence the need for oral inflation). What I hadn't noticed was that the LP hose was partly disconnected from all the interaction with bungies, clips and what not, so when I felt around to see if it was ok with my heavy gloves, it seemed fine, but there was no way to get a visual.
-short shoulder dump pull string with a dinky knob. The knob was very high and I found it hard to reach. To be fair, my whistle was in the same area and made finding that silly little knob a bit more interesting. I ended up grabbing both and pulling. Hey, that's an idea! Use my whistle as the knob!:rofl3:

Overall, I like the rig a lot, and putting on a longer corrugated hose brought the inflator up to the chest strap where it belongs was simple. Lengthening the pull dump was another no brainer.
We'll see how it goes on the next dive, but I'm pretty sure this rig is a winner for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom