first light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

foamer86

Reaction score
hello, i am getting my advanced certification in a few weeks, and i need to purchase a my primary light. i am not looking to spend to to much, but i want something that i won't have to replace in a few months either. if any one can give me some advice on what to buy please do so, it would be appreciated

thanks
craig

The SuperSabre is a backup light and if you want to see anything during your dive you should get a flood light with at least a 7.5W Xenon lamp.

E.g. the Ikelite RCD, Pelican Nemo or Princeton Tec Shockwave 2. All are around $40-50 at LeisurePro.com.
The Princeton Tec Ultimate Divelight Set is a very good deal at $80.

Personally I use the Ikelite RCD and are quite happy with it.
:snorkel:ScubaRon

The Saberlite and similar lights like the UK300 have arather narrow beam which works great as a day light or as a backup but is not really a good choice for a primary light.

The Ikelite mini C-lite is also small and makes a good backup or day light but also has a wide enough beam to be useful as a primary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom