First liveaboard advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fair point, hadn't thought of that but I don't really suffer from sinus/ear issues so I don't think it would make much difference for me personally, but ymmv
The point is to not have a problem. Repetitive diving and prolonged moisture in the ear canal can lead to swimmers ear. The concern here is that ear plugs may pose an additional risk by retaining moisture in the canal and not allowing evaporation.

But I admit, I might accept the risk if I had a noisy neighbor. And a post dive ear beer treatment will help lessen the risk as well.

Water on the nautilus tasted like arse. Can’t speak for the aggressor, but I always take Kool aid drops now with electrolytes and a big kleen kanteen so i always have cold water...
I like the mio drops and this idea just got added to the packing list. Thanks

I also quite like a lembeh/pointer stick in Socorro for diving off San Benedicto if you are lying waiting for sharks and there is swell. Your can poke your stick in between the rock and hang on whilst everyone else’s hands get cut to ribbons.

no gloves allowed

I've never heard of it (had to google it).

I would think a nice padded bandaid (removed after each dive) would be better protection than a "skin"/film. Sometimes I had to hold them in place with some fabric tape. Removing it after each dive gave the spot some chance to breathe.
I found alternating two pairs of different-style boots the best prevention for heavy duty liveaboard diving

YFMV !

You don't have lycra socks, do you?

I also quite like a lembeh/pointer stick in Socorro for diving off San Benedicto if you are lying waiting for sharks and there is swell. Your can poke your stick in between the rock and hang on whilst everyone else’s hands get cut to ribbons.

no gloves allowed
Are reef hooks allowed?

no gloves allowed

Going to be difficult to get a North Sulawesi stick.

I bought a couple. Such beauties.

Why is it that essentially every review for every brand of Lycra socks I found complain about poor placement of the seam along the bottom shelves f the foot?

Because of the way that most are made. The seam has never bothered me even when it has left a mark. I'm not going to be able to speak for everyone in that regard.

All I can say is that my feet used to be hamburger but I have never had a single problem since the day that I started wearing lycra socks, close to 20 years ago.

OK, not entirely true. I once lost one sock whilst on a trip. How big a deal could that be, I thought to myself.

I've never been again without 3 pairs packed.

People love me because I loan out. Everyone becomes a convert.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom