First Night Dive!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Courtneyf82

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey Everybody, I just did my first night dive a couple days ago! Man it was sweet! I went to the Breakwater here in Monterey. I was hoping for an octopus but saw a Sailfin Sculpin so I guess the octo can wait for another night! I just bought lights and cant wait to get back in for a night dive!!

Sounds like a great dive....:D I like night dives it a whole new world...:14:

Sounds like a great first experience. Be sure to log it or even write a personal dive report.

I enjoy the serenety and limited field of view a night dive provides.

pete

Way cool....night diving is great!

Joe

It is a spooky but exciting experience. Good lights and good diving skills make a big difference.

Ah, your mention of the sailfin reminded me of my first night dive here in Puget Sound. It was at Redondo, where I got certified. I'd been in the water there maybe 10-15 times before the night dive, and NEVER spotted a sailfin sculpin. Two minutes into the night dive, there it was! Then we spotted a grunt sculpin! The second night dive, I got my first octo, eating a crab for dinner. I was hooked immediately on night diving. As we left the water, I asked my dive buddy why people ever dove during the day.

Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for posting. Seeing your title brought back memories instantly! It really is a different world.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom