First Nitrox Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1_T_Submariner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok so I waited a while to take Nitrox. Good class though. Dandy Don talked me into it :D :D cause he said he doesn't like to dive with Air divers in fla. Maybe we will meet someday.

Yesterday I did 2 nitrox dives. On EAN36 one 60 minute with a drop to 80 feet (47 degrees F) then most of the dive at 50 feet ending with 20 minutes at 15-20 feet (Above 75 degrees F). 1 hour SI. The next dive was to 55 feet then up to 15-25 for 35 minutes Total time was 80 minutes.

I didin't feel any different (I.E tired etc..) after the dives. I did like that my computers NDL was alway a lot higher than on Air.
Anyway good course to take.

Glad you enjoyed your class! :) I did mine in June and it was definitely worth it. The shorter SIs are great and I agree with you -- I don't feel any less tired than diving on air.

Yep just like breathing air...some people say they feel less fatigued but I noticed any difference. The big advantage is shorter SI especially on a dive vacation doing 4 or 5 dives a day.

Lots of good info in the class I really enjoyed mine.

What's the advantage of nitrox? I'm going on one nitrox dive (out of 6 dives) when I visit Islamorada next month and want to be prepared.

Garrobo:
What's the advantage of nitrox? I'm going on one nitrox dive (out of 6 dives) when I visit Islamorada next month and want to be prepared.

Extended NDL's or shortened surface intervals.

the K

Garrobo:

On a single dive, you will get more bottom time. Of course, if you run through your air or dive with an operator who is going to make uyou come up early, it won't do you any good.

On multiple dives, you get shorter surface intervals, You can get a nice, full second, third, fourth, or fifth dives of the day because you can go in sooner.

If on any dive or dives you are required by air usage or operator policy to return at a certain time, and if on those dives you are anywahere close to the no decompression limits for air, you will have a greater safety margin if you are using nitrox.

One myth is that you can dive deeper--that is not true. In fact, you are more lmited on depth than with air.

Garrobo:
Thats an "odd" question for someone who is going to be diving nitrox. Have you had any kind of training in using nitrox?

Garrobo. I took the class in part because I am going to Bonaire in Sep. and the resort offers free nitrox. You will get the max "NDL's" with (if you choose) shorter surface intervals. The other reason was to further my diving education (and Dandy Don's suggestion).

I feel no different and did not expect to. But, I do like the increased bottom times and shorter surface intervals as being a REAL and significant advantage over "standard" air. N

1_T_Submariner:
Garrobo. I took the class in part because I am going to Bonaire in Sep. and the resort offers free nitrox. You will get the max "NDL's" with (if you choose) shorter surface intervals. The other reason was to further my diving education (and Dandy Don's suggestion).

We just got back from Bonaire...where are you staying? Nitrox will be an advatage on that trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom