First Pics w/ XZ-1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the only thing on the XZ-1 that i liked was the super macro that focused lightning fast! so maybe u can explore that with hand-held torch for better spectrum of color?

Tips:
1) Set your ISO to a very low setting--I leave mine at 80.
2) Use F 8.0 for macro shots and F 5.6 for wide angle and adjust your shutter speed within those apertures to get the right amount of light into the lens.
3) Shoot up to get more light in, and be wary of the internal flash. It can cause backscatter to appear in your images, and it won't light anything up that's even slightly far away. Also, the closer you get to the subject with the lens, the greater the chance of a shadow across half of the frame due to the housing obstructing the light waves.
4) Adjust your White Balance manually for best color with the least need to do a lot of digital darkroom work.

I don't own a XZ-1, but I had the opportunity to try one out a couple of weeks ago. I'm tempted to buy one if only for the very cool focus tracking feature it has. You focus on your subject (say a fish), hold the shutter half down, and as you follow that subject while it's moving, the camera continually tracks and refocuses.

Tips:
2) Use F 8.0 for macro shots and F 5.6 for wide angle and adjust your shutter speed within those apertures to get the right amount of light into the lens.
3) Shoot up to get more light in, and be wary of the internal flash. It can cause backscatter to appear in your images, and it won't light anything up that's even slightly far away. Also, the closer you get to the subject with the lens, the greater the chance of a shadow across half of the frame due to the housing obstructing the light waves.
4) Adjust your White Balance manually for best color with the least need to do a lot of digital darkroom work.

I don't own a XZ-1, but I had the opportunity to try one out a couple of weeks ago. I'm tempted to buy one if only for the very cool focus tracking feature it has. You focus on your subject (say a fish), hold the shutter half down, and as you follow that subject while it's moving, the camera continually tracks and refocuses.

thanx for sharing
i will try it today :D

Tips:

The XZ-1/PT-050 has a flash diffuser that is way out by the front of the lens (like G12), so will not be shadowed very easily using internal flash.

Bruce

Duplicate post.

Last edited:
the other big problem with the XZ-1 is the fact that you need the camera to charge a second battery ?? but i guess the reply would be its 'industry standard dude!'

Ive bought 2 spare batteries and a charger. One thing I hate happening is seeing the red battery indicator in the middle of a dive.

What Id like to know is what Flash option I should use on the XZ-1 for the Inon Strobe to shoot in TTL. There are quite a few including a few new ones Ive never seen before like 1/4th, 1/16th?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom