First Pic's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SA-Diver once bubbled...
As a newbie the only advice I have to offer at this stage is - do not be shy to take lots of pics.

I took over 300 photo's on the weekend on 4 dives. Did a total of 8 dives the weekend but was DM on 4 of them and did not take the camera on those.

Of the 300+ photo's I have 86 which I think are not too bad.
Of the 86 I have about 10 which I think are pretty good taking into consideration that it was my first UW photo's.

Kobus

Thanks for the advice. We're taking two 256mb cards with our Canon S50, so should be plenty of room to take/store pics.

It'll be the first time I've used digital underwater - have previously used Nik Vs and Sea&Sea MMII/10s.

If we end up with 10 decent pics, I'll be prety happy!

Interesting to think about % of your pictures that are good. Here's some recent numbers for me. I'm not a newbie (novice maybe) at this maybe two years of experience.

Recent trip to Bonaire in 8 days and 14 dives, I shot 541 pictures, keep 433 (80%), used 85 (16%, for posting/slideshows). I don't really know what this means but those are the numbers.

Cecil once bubbled...
Recent trip to Bonaire in 8 days and 14 dives, I shot 541 pictures, keep 433 (80%), used 85 (16%, for posting/slideshows). I don't really know what this means but those are the numbers.
As a photographer, I can tell you that you have a pretty good percentage, there!

I had similar results my first time out. I took over 700 pics that week, kept about 575 of them, used and printed 140, and made enlargements to hang with 12. Better odds than I ever got with film!

I still firmly believe it's the instant feedback of digital that's the key to such successes. I can tell immediately what needs to be changed, not wait until a week and $$$$$ after my trip to find out I screwed the pooch all week!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom