First post (Hello All) & Question from Newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wfmiller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well first off I am in my fifties and am just getting started. In fact my first class is next Tuesday. Going for the OW Cert. My wife and I are heading to Tahiti first week of May where we will be taking a 1 week cruise. I plan on getting my required 4 OW dives from the ship (the Paul Gauguin).

Can I assume that I am really not to old to be taking this up? I am in fairly good shape (and getting better every day). I love the ocean and spend every weekend in the summer down the Jersey Shore. Love Boogie Boarding while the kids surf.

What say you all? :wink:

welcome aboard!

you'll love diving. unless you have a medical condition that prevents diving, you'll
do really well. i would call the shop and get a copy of the medical release ahead of time and see if you have any of those conditions. if so, talk to a doctor that is familiar with diving to make sure you're cleared.

wishing you the best!

My neighbors are in their 70s and enjoys warm-water, vacation-style SCUBA. I went diving at the Blue Hole (in Belize) with a couple who was celebrating his 60th birthday (the Blue Hole is a 130', partial overhead dive). We're going back to Belize with them next year. We did 3 dives a day for 6 days.

So no, you certainly are not too old - you'll have a great time, and welcome to ScubaBoard.

And welcome to SB!! :D Put us in your favorites and check in often.

I was 53 when I finally started, so that shouldn't be a problem for you. I'd like to be a lot more experienced before going on that trip, but I guess you've looked into it okay...

don
:jump013:

hello-------- and thats all I have to say about that

Not too old as long as you can perform the tasks-- and carry the system-- YOu will be fine--

Back
Top Bottom