First shot with my c4000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ruu

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looks like this weekend was a reasonable one for us new Olympus owners. The attached (hopefully) picture was the first one I ever took with the camera - jumped in, turned around and randomly snapped the boat. Turned out pretty good I thought (if a little blue). I have a whole load more cuda shots if anyone is interested.

The image may have lost a little something when I resized it, but you should get the idea...

Dave

Great shot! I'm continuously amazed at the first time pictures from digitals.

I like the composition, too!

Yes. Composition. If thats the same things as rolling over and pointing the camera upwards then I heartily agree...

Dave

Ruu once bubbled...
Yes. Composition. If thats the same things as rolling over and pointing the camera upwards then I heartily agree...

Dave

LOL....must mean you're a natural at it! :D

Yup - it genuinely was the first shot I ever took with my Olympus underwater. Some of the others were not *quite* so good if you know what I mean. I'm also pretty pleased with this one from my first dive (towards the end of the dive this time - had a bit of practice) - if only because I got close enough to take it. I hadn't quite figured out the zoom at this point, so I really was this close...

Dave

I know exactly how you felt! Every time we go to Cozumel, at some time during a dive you'll turn your head and BAM! there's a 'Cuda in your face! Just tagging along with the group, whatching what you do...and grinning at you!

Beast is having trouble with the zoom thing too. That's OK. Just take it in your own time, you'll know when it's time to start experimenting with all the other features and controls. But.... I'm having the hardest time not saying stuff like..."But Sugar, if you'll just zoom in and start using Aperture mode it would have been so much better". NOT the thing to say to the beginner! :rolleyes:

What surprised me was the amount of big stuff in North Carolina. I knew there were going to be some pretty big sand tigers (and there were), but seeing a couple of hundred large (4 - 5 feet) great barracuda just hanging around under the boat was a bit of a shock. They managed to pop into the background of many of my other shots even when I wasn't aiming at them...

Dave

Back
Top Bottom