First stage chart

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rescuediver009:
Please make the change the the sherwoods are in fact balanced.

Hey dude, are you stalking me?

The Blizzard first stage is balanced (which is what I entered)
MY Brut (which is old) is unbalanced. I have heard that you can buy a kit to adapt it as a balanced first stage, but I've not seen one.

This seems to agree with the Rodales chart which has all the Sherwood first stages except the Brut as balanced.

darkstar:
Hey dude, are you stalking me?

The Blizzard first stage is balanced (which is what I entered)
MY Brut (which is old) is unbalanced. I have heard that you can buy a kit to adapt it as a balanced first stage, but I've not seen one.

This seems to agree with the Rodales chart which has all the Sherwood first stages except the Brut as balanced.

My bad, misread.....
There is not a kit to buy, it is just a part called the moving orifice. You can oder one from any sherwood deal for a couple bucks.

DA,

My Scubapro MK18 has two HP ports each 7/16" UNF - but is the most recent production variation (different end cap area). Was this a design change from the previous MK18?

WarmWaterDiver:
DA,

My Scubapro MK18 has two HP ports each 7/16" UNF - but is the most recent production variation (different end cap area). Was this a design change from the previous MK18?
Sorry - it's a typo. I copied a bit too much from the Mk16 entry.

I have corrected the original post. SP did have some port changes on the Mk 3 and Mk 5 and I added those as well.

Manufacturer: AquaLung
Model: Legend LX
Diaphragm/Piston: Diaphragm
Balanced/Unbalanced: Balanced ("over balanced")
Swivel Turret: no
Number of 3/8" LPs: 4
Number of 1/2" LPs: 0
Number of HPs: 2
Yoke: yes
DIN: yes
Environ seal: Yes

One of major difference between Ledend LX and Apeks ATX200 is Apeks has a 1/2" LP port.

Perhaps DA Aquamaster may wants to add this to his list:

Manufacturer: Scubapro
Model: Mk 17
Diaphragm/Piston: Diaphragm
Balanced/Unbalanced: Balanced
Swivel Turret: no
Number 3/8" LP ports: 4
Number 1/2" LP ports: 0
Number 7/16" HP ports: 2
Available in Yoke: Yes
Available in DIN: Yes
Enviro sealed: Yes

Requires Mares hose for 1/2" port due to DFC, other 1/2" hoses will not work.

The V32 Proton XL and Ice are the same.

As far as I know Mares is the only one still using 1/2" hose at all, the rest stopped years ago, but hoses are easy to come by.

It's not a kit per say but the balancing oriface and washers from the Magnum.

Balanced, in it's unique way...high performance....No....OK for recreational diving yes.

Back
Top Bottom