First successful dive after Certified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I finally pulled off a successful dive after my certification(about a month ago). Me and a buddy dove a ship wreck about 250 meters off the beach in Gulf Shores, AL. It was our very first beach dive with 3' seas which was a tad funny for while we shuffled in and out the water. I say our first successful dive because we had tried the very same dive a couple weeks ago, however, the seas were 4'-5' that day and visibility was 18"-3' depending on if there were a set of waves coming through or not. :) We never found the wreck on this trip and basically swam the bottom for about 45 minutes trying not to lose one another.

This particular weekend went very well in comparison. Visibility was 5'-15', again depending on our location in regards to the wreck and waves above. At 15'-20' max depths of this dive, the waves churned us about quite a bit. The wreck wasn't exactly what I expected, but it was still a site to see with lots of fishies swimming in, under, and around. I brought along a pole spear and stuck my first flounder. I also managed to see my first shark(3' white tip reef shark the best I could tell from its quick pass-by on its only showing) while underwater that day. I say underwater because I've seen quite a few times while surfing. All in all we had a blast and managed quite a few "firsts" on this outing. I swear I just keep getting more and more hooked!

A wreck, a shark and a spearfish! I would say that was a very successful 1st/2nd dive. Welcome to Scubalife!
:snorkel:ScubaRon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom