First Tests Fuji S2 UW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onbelaydave

Reaction score
I got the chance a couple of weeks ago to drive out to California to test my Fuji UW for the first time. After a rough start (The new deckhand dropped my rig overboard trying to hand it to me on my very first dive so I had to do a low vis, unknown bottom depth, search and recovery. I found it thank God !!), I was fairly pleased with the results. The only problems I had were in the handling department. The off center weighting shooting the rig in front of me, diving in my drysuit, caused me a lot of problems keeping my feet down. As much as I feel ankle weights are a crutch in drysuit diving; I think this will be a case in the future where I'll definitly be wearing them. Anyway, here's a few shots from my first time out.

40010_1096775564_Painted-Greenling-1.jpg

40010_1096851423_anemone-2.jpg

40010_1096851423_Spanish-Shawl-2.jpg

40010_1096848801_Sculpin-1.jpg

well done! I use the S2 as well. which housing are you using. for photography with dry suits, ankle weights are a must!

Hi me again, You may already know this, The Lithium batteries are NOT required if you are not using the built in flash. BUT you need to use NIMH AA batteries when not using the Lithium ones.

Also, Great Hawkfish image, stunning! Well I think it is a hawkfish! :wink:

Chris

Great shots all...but I love the anemone! Congrats on the new system.

Very nice shots....enjoy the new rig :)

Karl

Yes, they are all keepers, but the anemone just has something about it.....Congrats on your new rig....hope you insured it :wink:

Dave
Beautiful photos. I've been drysuit diving in CA for 30 years, everyone I know (including me) uses ankleweights with a drysuit. No crutch there. Where were you? What boat? What housing? I know, I know, too many questions :)

Fantastic shots! Gotta love the new equipment. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom