first time to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chocoholic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
First Post, hope this is the right place. Been reading the posts regarding Cozumel and just wanted to know if anyone has used Dive with Alison? And which hotel has the nicest/warmest pool?

Welcome to Scubaboard,
On my last trip to Cozamel we used Blue Bubble divers and had a very nice time.
The boat was smallish, but the crew was friendly and helpful.
The seas were pretty rough that day actually
and we had a wonderful drift dive
-Mike

Welcome to Scubaboard! Cozumel is such a popular diving destination and I'm sure we all have our recommendations, Deep Blue. But, you should go over to the Cozumel Forum and look around or post your question there. Good luck.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

The Cozumel would be the best place to ask as Scott recommended.

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

Hi there Chocoholic, welcome to the board.

Sorry I can't help you out about "Dive with Alison." When I was there in March I used "Dive with Martin." He uses smaller quicker boats and there were never more then about 8 divers on board for any of the trips I was on. Pickups were early in the morning and right at the hotel peir, 7:45 most days and we were out at the sites before any other boats. SI's were spent on one of the nearby beaches and there was always lots of water on board and usually some sort of fresh fruit to munch on, overall it was a good experience. :yelclap:

As for hotels, I can only tell you where we wouldn't stay again...... at the Fiesta Americana. Nice rooms, except for the :censored: sewer smells. Good food, if you don't mind recycle. Pool activities for the non-diving spouse.....NOT! They announced the pool activities for the day every morning but hardly ever carried through with them. I could go on but I won't. Remember though that this is my own personal experience and everyone is different, some people might even like this hotel. :06:

:sunny Hi there! My name is Matt. Welcome to Scuba Board! I came here looking for help with my diving dream. I’ve met a lot of nice divers and many helpful divers too. I think you will get the information you need from SB. I look forward to reading more of your posts about your diving adventures. If you’d like to chat, please PM me.
I am looking forward to seeing you some more around the boards!

-Matt-

Howdy!

I just want to join the others in welcoming you to SB. Hope to get to know you around the forums. Be sure to check out our various forum.

Completing your Profile and seperately - keeping your Dive Info up to date helps in future diving discussions. PM me if I can help you learn your way around.

don
:pirate:

Chocoholic:
First Post, hope this is the right place. Been reading the posts regarding Cozumel and just wanted to know if anyone has used Dive with Alison? And which hotel has the nicest/warmest pool?
I spent a lot of time checking this board prior to my first trip to Cozumel.Alison answered all of my e-mails which is alot better than some dive shops that are talked about alot here.

When we got there she was flexable and friendly.My ten year old son dove with us some days,Alison put an extra DM in the water so the more advanced divers wouldn't have to stay so shallow.The boat was in new looking shape and the DM and Captain helped us do everything.
I did have to take a cab to the marina every morning,$3.00 US .This did save 20 or 30 min ride each morning to the dive sites and I did get a ride back to my Hotel every day.

Go to Alisons web site and check it out for yourself.I will use her again when I go back to Cozumel.

Hotel Cozumel has the largest pool in Cozumel and it was plenty warm in April.They even have a small pool over on the beach side to cool down in if you get to hot.We got a air hotel package from Bay Adventures from Raleigh NC for around $725.00 AI and booked our dives on the side.
It did not look like the people diving with the in house dive op Dive Paradice recieved near the personal treatment we did.

Hope you have a great first time in Cozumel and welcom to the board!!
Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom