First time to dive Mexico Caves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tammy, it's a good idea, before you conclude you don't need any weight, to blow those tanks down to 500 psi at the end of a dive and see how they behave.

In my Full Cave class, the instructor made me do a 48 minute lights-out and eventually air-sharing exit; at the end, on "deco" I was so light I had to swim in circles to stay at 10 feet.

Don't discount the floatiness of aluminum tanks!

Tammy, it's a good idea, before you conclude you don't need any weight, to blow those tanks down to 500 psi at the end of a dive and see how they behave.

Lynne is sharing the best possible advice, Tammy.

Yes, you are both correct. Never got a chance to get that far. The most I've got it to was 100psi this week & did fine. When the opportunity presents itself (hopefully this summer) I will check it out. Thurs. we dove in Nahoch. Absolutely awesome! Did a 55 min cave dive & then about 45 min in the cavern taking pictures. On Fri. we went & saw the ruins of Chichen Itza. Very cool!

Here are a few pictures of Nahoch:

Attachments

• Camera 029.jpg
    Camera 029.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Camera 026.jpg
    Camera 026.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Camera 040.jpg
    Camera 040.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Camera 049.jpg
    Camera 049.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 74
Did one 90 min. dive at Centote Minatauro. Very interesting system. A little bit of everything. Some rock formations, More breakdown than I've ever seen. Some areas tight, some rooms,... absolutely huge. Some Halocline (skimming over top of it was super cool). Some shallow (10 ft) some deeper (45 ft).

I loved Minotauro. I'd like to get into some of the tighter sections, such as this area.

I really loved Minotauro -- we spent a day there during my Full Cave class. Unfortunately, they were having some serious break-in problems there the next time we went down, and I've never been able to talk anybody into going there since.

Being too light is the WORST. It almost killed Sheck and his buddy once, and makes any dive miserable.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom