First Timer Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Dave Dillehay , when you say "Mid April to June is prime time", do you mean that mid April to June is the best time for diving? I don't know if you meant prime time for diving or prime time for nortes.

Sorry for the confusion Dogbowl. In May- June there is almost no chance of norte storms, the waters have warmed up, and the normally crazy currents of Feb, Mar, Apr are rare. Same is pretty much true of September October.

Those are for me, the prime times for divers to be in Cozumel.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Sorry for the confusion Dogbowl. In May- June there is almost no chance of norte storms, the waters have warmed up, and the normally crazy currents of Feb, Mar, Apr are rare. Same is pretty much true of September October.

Those are for me, the prime times for divers to be in Cozumel.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Thanks Dave! I will those times in mind!

Sorry for the confusion Dogbowl. In May- June there is almost no chance of norte..
Almost but not totally. I have experienced two May Nortes. Both were short-lived but surprising. But all that said, there really is no bad time to go to Cozumel.

September and October.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

September and October.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
Hurricane season, the likelihood of an actual storm is very low but many folks need to plan a year in advance due to multiple work schedules, school, ect. Because of this they are hesitate to commit that far out. Personally while I hard schedule weeks in November and December for October I use a 'floater' week that has the flexibility to reschedule.
Then again when Jay and Cheryl send out their e-mail that they are coming in October it becomes high season:yeahbaby:

Also there is a bit of a low season in April and May, after the snowbirds have left and before the kiddos get out of school.

My wife and I were in Cozumel November 2016. Stayed at the Presidente Intercontinental. It's part of IHG so we used points and stayed (4) days for free. (We weren't scuba certified, nor did we use the on site dive op or docks, but the snorkeling here is why we got certified in 2017) This would be a great place to leave your GF/Wife while you're out on the boat. Big pool, beach, shore access for snorkeling, and restaurants on site. It's a beautiful place and the food/drinks were priced in Peso's so it's cheap. Not as cheap as downtown but very economical.

Sidney

Back
Top Bottom