first trip to Egypt...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phil

Reaction score
# of dives
Have been given the name of two dive companies to check out:
Absolute Divers & African Divers

Anybody heard or used either of these two companies out of Sharm???? What should we expect as far as crowds and water temp in early Nov.

Any suggestion other than these two ???? Want small op that will give us some personal attention....we are staying at a place called Ghzalla resort.

thanks in advance!
Phil

Phil
couple of weeks ago I wrote a thread with tips for those who are going to Egypt for the first time - my advice is read it.
As the diving centres you mentioned I don't know them. I always dive with Blue Sea but others here mentioned Camel Divers and some other centres. My diving centre is a smaller one run by Egyptians who lived in Canada for more than 20 years - they all speak perfect English.
The water temp should be around 24 Centigrades, the weather between 24 - 30 Centigrades. But it may be windy so it's better to have one sweater.
Sharm is almost always crowded - if you are going there at the beggining of November it will be Ramadan. It's time of fasting - muslims eat before sunrise and don't eat till the sunset. So be aware that for them it's a difficult time and boats have to be back before 5pm. Ramadan ends 15th November with 4 days of feast - then Sharm will be very crowded!!!!
If you have any other questions - It will be my pleasure to answer.
Mania

mania:
Phil
couple of weeks ago I wrote a thread with tips for those who are going to Egypt for the first time - my advice is read it.
As the diving centres you mentioned I don't know them. I always dive with Blue Sea but others here mentioned Camel Divers and some other centres. My diving centre is a smaller one run by Egyptians who lived in Canada for more than 20 years - they all speak perfect English.
The water temp should be around 24 Centigrades, the weather between 24 - 30 Centigrades. But it may be windy so it's better to have one sweater.
Sharm is almost always crowded - if you are going there at the beggining of November it will be Ramadan. It's time of fasting - muslims eat before sunrise and don't eat till the sunset. So be aware that for them it's a difficult time and boats have to be back before 5pm. Ramadan ends 15th November with 4 days of feast - then Sharm will be very crowded!!!!
If you have any other questions - It will be my pleasure to answer.
Mania

Thanks for the note...... how do I find your Thread..?????
Phil

I haven´t heard of those companies either...
I´d suggest emperordivers:
http://www.emperordivers.com

grazie42:
I haven´t heard of those companies either...
I´d suggest emperordivers:
http://www.emperordivers.com

tried that but they are always fully booked... even though my trip is 2 months from now...
By the way, what's with local sites as compared to other sites and what is considered local sites? They always say first day dives will be in local sites... does it mean sheltered sites? sites for checkout dives?

mania:
Here it is:
http://www.scubaboard.com/t68804-tips-for-all-going-to-egypt.html

As finding food during the day during Ramadan it may be a problem but in the restaurants that are 100% tourists (i.e. on the beach) there shouldn't be a problem.

Mania

We tried to find out info on Blue Sea divers in Sharm but couldn't seem to locate them on the web. Do you know if they have a web site? How do you contact them before you arrive.
Phil

Phil:
We tried to find out info on Blue Sea divers in Sharm but couldn't seem to locate them on the web. Do you know if they have a web site? How do you contact them before you arrive.
Phil
They constantly are redesigning the web page. You cac contact them by e-mail:
azmeralda@access.com.eg
or by phone:
+20101234111
Tell them you got this number from Maria form Poland.
Azmeralda is a lovely lady.
Mania

Phil:
Have been given the name of two dive companies to check out:
Absolute Divers & African Divers

Anybody heard or used either of these two companies out of Sharm???? What should we expect as far as crowds and water temp in early Nov.

Any suggestion other than these two ???? Want small op that will give us some personal attention....we are staying at a place called Ghzalla resort.

thanks in advance!
Phil
Hello Phil,
African Divers is located at Ras Umm Sid. The dive centre is managed by Liza and Claude - not crowded - french charme. You find their web www.africandivers.com and their boat is called "African Queen". She is better than that famous boat with same name and captain Humphrey Bogart.
Cheers
Rembert

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom