Fish ID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zippsy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
On another thread, CrystalZ wrote "Hi to all the divers here....

I have just gotten my OW couple of weeks ago and am now planning to take my AOW. I'm thinking to read more abt the fishes and corals becos during my course... i have no idea what they were... so sad... i cant share with friends on what i have seen.....

Any sites where i can learn abt the types of fishes and corals... especially those which are common in Malaysia's water?"

I've often wondered the same!

I have found better books than websites but one decent website (that also happens to sell some of the books) is http://www.fishid.com/index.html . I really like the quiz they give. The books they sell for the Caribbean are fantastic. The Asian ones are fairly decent.

Are there any other sites out there?

Hi Zippsy,

Thanks for sharing.... will check out the books. Wonder if our library will have them...

A good library should have these and many other books. Asian Diver (http://www.asiandiver.com/) sells many good Fish ID books on-line and through their magazine but I would strongly recommend looking at the books before buying as some are much better than others. Fortunately I live in Singapore so I can go over to their office at lunchtime and browse through their library. Another option is to check out various books at the better live-aboards or resorts. They usually have a good collection even if they are tattered looking. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom