Fishersville VA quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tddfleming

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone ever been to Fishersville Quarry? Who has control over entry to it? Who does one need to talk to to get in? What is the water temp and viz like?

Ok, I was last there in September of 07, working as a DM for an instructor. I know it switched hands to a group in central virginia (harrisonburg area, not sure of new name) There are a few boats, a cement truck, a platform or 2. Around the truck area, depth more than 85. Bottom temp- 43. Typical quarry- black but clear- bring a good light- or 3. As for above 40 ft, fairly bright, vis around 20 ft. Temp at 35 feet- 60. When I was there, there were no lines connecting any of the 'attractions'. Not sure what has changed, not worth diving in, if you ask me. BTW, it classifies as an altitude dive, I believe....hope this helps

Well, you did not paint a very good picture of it :) I was hoping for something a little better. Still looks like Rawlings is our best bet. And, Millbrook, just sounds like it is down right COLD! Thanks for your honest take, saves me the ride down there and the many calls to find out who to talk to. We just need to move out of the Richmond area and closer to water, that would fix many of these issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom