Five Graves, Maui - Visiting scuba diver dies.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
On Friday May 4th a mainland visitor was pronounced dead after being pulled from the ocean while scuba diving. He was found stuck in the rocks at approx. 11:30 am in the Five Caves/Five Graves area.

A police officer and the mans dive buddy pulled the diver from the water. The deceased was in his mid 40's.

Always sad. Any details? What could have happened? Easy shore dive.....

Very sad.... My condolences to the family and friends!

yeah...why did the buddy survive and the dead guy "not so much"?

Wildcard:
Always sad. Any details? What could have happened? Easy shore dive.....

There was a very small article in the Saturday edition of the Maui News. That article is not on their website. Very few details are known. There have been no follow up articles.

AXL72:

I was given third hand information from someone that was at the scene the victim suffered some type of head injury that appeared to be quite severe.

The incident does seem somewhat strange.

Gilligan:
I was given third hand information from someone that was at the scene the victim suffered some type of head injury that appeared to be quite severe.

The incident does seem somewhat strange.
The head injury might have been after death, particularly if the "He was found stuck in the rocks " is referring to what happened to his body on the surface.

AXL72:
Why is that strange. Medical problems, such as heart attacks, are a very common cause of scuba accidents.

A coincidence with the shark attack at Keawakapu Beach ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom