Fix ANY Dacor Reg with two simple steps (Don't get mad)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NC Air Hog

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
:wink:

Step 1: Throw out your Dacor Reg instead of trying to get it serviced.

Step 2: Use the money you saved by not servicing your Dacor to purchase new set lol.

There are those out there that continue to service these regulators and that is fantastic because if they work, they work. However, the folks who make Craigslist purchases for $50 and bring them in for servicing get upset when I let them know that Dacor no longer exists as a company.

I do not understnad why some folks will spend $50,000 on a vehicle but refuse to pay $400ish - $750ish for new regulators (that you breathe from).

And while you're at it (don't get mad), don't buy Mares. When they bought Dacor and made the decision to not support the old regs, it left a lot of people with perfectly functional paperweights. While Mares regs might be good, I have never supported the company because of that decision.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

I do not understand why some folks will spend $50,000 on a vehicle but refuse to pay $400ish - $750ish for new regulators (that you breathe from).

Can I use this as my signature line....:D

Step 1: Throw out your Dacor Reg instead of trying to get it serviced.

Step 2: Use the money you saved by not servicing your Dacor to purchase new set lol.

There are those out there that continue to service these regulators and that is fantastic because if they work, they work. However, the folks who make Craigslist purchases for $50 and bring them in for servicing get upset when I let them know that Dacor no longer exists as a company.

I do not understnad why some folks will spend $50,000 on a vehicle but refuse to pay $400ish - $750ish for new regulators (that you breathe from).

Actually, there are quite a few old (some not so old) regulators available on the used market that are no longer supported by their manufacturer. I suspect there may not be a single one that is not being serviced and used by somebody. But it is probably not being serviced by an authorized dealer for a customer.

Anyone shopping for used regulators would be well advised to figure out how they will get service when needed before they make a purchase.

And it is probably silly to trash any regulator. I'd bet somebody would be happy to get the parts.

I don't drive a $50K car and most of my regulators cost less than $30 per stage.

:wink:Step 1: Throw out your Dacor Reg instead of trying to get it serviced.

It would be better for the environment to properly dispose of these regs rather then dump them in a landfill. Send them to me and I will see to it personally for a minor fee.

5 year ago I bought a used Dacor 900 + Pacer seconds. Since then I sent them several times to service. No one ever told me that there were no parts available.
It breathes like charm and performs better than many regs I used, rented and in the school.

I think you bought the 900 from me. If I recall correctly, it was one of the nicest 900s that I ever serviced. I am glad that it found such a good and loyal owner Regards for 2015 Scott

Servicing, let alone actual repairing, regulators has become so expensive it is questionable if it makes sense to fix any of them. I have noticed a trend toward buying a decent regulator, using it for 2-3 years, selling it on E-bay, and putting that money plus the saved service fees towards buying a new one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom