FIX viewfinder magnifier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abernat

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone found one? I understand that a Underwater Viewfinder UNZ-2444 is supposed to attach to the rails on the S-90 (and other) FIX housings but have not been able to find one for sale.

(here's a photo taken with my S-90 in Raja Ampat last fall)

thanks,
Andy

Attachments

• pigmy seahorse.jpg
    pigmy seahorse.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 93
I don't know about a viewfinder magnifier but there is a viewfinder shield and I do have it and use it.

N

You're showing your age--------presbyopia is the pits, unless you're an OD.....

I just ordered hydroptix stick-on diopters for my mask. I would very much be interested to see if this works with the FIX S90.

I googled the part no. above and found some leads but not necessarily anything that indicates specifically it can be used with the FIX housings. They do mention it works with a number of Olympus housings.

Yes, Larry C - that's the sort of thing I'm looking for and will explore it.

I'm also attending Beneath the Sea and will look there.

I dive with contacts - one to see far and one to see near! It's amazing that my brain adapts quickly to the split view (or perhaps not so amazing given my brain :D)

Andy

I dive with contacts - one to see far and one to see near! It's amazing that my brain adapts quickly to the split view (or perhaps not so amazing given my brain :D)

Andy

I tried that and hated it. I couldn't see distance to my left or close to my right. Now I use a weak prescription in both eyes for diving that lets me read weakly and see distance out to about 100 yards. I have trouble ID'ing some of the dive boats from 1/2 mile or so and I have to hold the newspaper at arms length but they work well underwater with natures 33% diopter. It's kind of like being 45 again.

Andy

nope, we're just 'tricking' you, that's all.......

Monovision - Monovision Contact Lenses - What Is Monovision

From DiverVision which carries the UN 2.5" LCS Magnifier Finder:

After checking with Fisheye, I am sorry you can't use the magnifier finder with FIX S90 housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom