Fl West Coast Spear Buddy Wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sh@rkW@tcher

supreme yak diver in charge
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I moved down from Sarasota and I'm looking for local divers to hook up with. I am 59, a retired Marine Biologist, Padi Divemaster and I've been spearing for a couple of years now (mostly Mangrove Snapper, Hogfish, Gags and Sheephead) both from beach and kayak in Venice. I would like to find a local diver or divers (Sarasota to Ft.Myers), with a boat, to split expenses with. I'm willing to travel to Ft. Myers - Sarasota area to meet up. I live in Punta Gorda if that helps anyone.

You might want to check out Capt Bob at Bluewater Explorer dive boat, on the 2nd and 4th saturdays of each month. I know you asked for private boats, but many guys who own boats will also go out with Capt Bob too. it kinda gives them and you a chance to get to know each other first and see if you'd be a good team member on their boat. Then you might get an invite. Works for you too because maybe that owner dives in a way that you aren't comfortable with either. Once you build a rapport among the locals, your invites and options will open up dramatically.

Also I saw you posted this on the Planet which is an excellent spot.

If I wanted to drive 2 hrs to dive, I'd drive to Ft. Pierce and get some good diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom