Flat conditions at Breakwater from July 5th, and my first video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lenaxia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I finally had a chance to go down with a new GoPro rig I put together as well as a new lens for it.

As you can see from the beginning of the video, when we set out around 10am, the water was practically undisturbed!

[video=youtube;oU2mQPav4Dc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU2mQPav4Dc[/video]

I probably won't be diving with this regularly but I wanted to get in at least a couple times for my upcoming trip to Hawaii. Definitely can use some more practice with smooth camera work!

Great Video - I dive the breakwater often since it so accessbile and a nice, fun, easy dive in CA.

Couple of questions.

1. More infor on the lens picked up for your GoPro? I have seen lots of different places hawking their stuff but I am wary of destroying my camera with water from a lens or housing that leaks.

2. A ny editing done on the video... meaning color corrections, brightness etc???

3. Any filters over the lens or in the housing?

4. Any pics of your balancing rig?

I have just started diving with my GoPro and and love the way it works above water... waiting to pick the best possible lens or housing until I hear very postive results on one sytem.

The lens I'm using is a new housing from Snake River Prototyping, it's probably the most useful design out there right now because it accepts a 55mm threaded filter and maintains the original lens so even if the filter leaks (which mine did because I screwed up installing it) the camera is still fine. I purchased the entire housing with the lens preinstalled because I wanted a separate housing for above and below water filming and didnt want to bother with installing it myself.

You can follow the thread here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/underwater-videography/329476-gopro-hd-underwater-blur-fix-18.html

Or goto their site: Snake River Prototyping, LLC.

No corrections were made, this is video as is. The only filter used was a UV filter uncolored, I did buy their two filters for both green and blue water, they are URPro filters so kinda pricey but they are well made. I'll be diving with the green filter this weekend and will post a video for that too.

For the rig, this is basically what I did:
Underwater/Stability Rig For GoPro Camera

The lens I'm using is a new housing from Snake River Prototyping, it's probably the most useful design out there right now because it accepts a 55mm threaded filter and maintains the original lens so even if the filter leaks (which mine did because I screwed up installing it) the camera is still fine. I purchased the entire housing with the lens preinstalled because I wanted a separate housing for above and below water filming and didnt want to bother with installing it myself.

You can follow the thread here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/underwater-videography/329476-gopro-hd-underwater-blur-fix-18.html

Or goto their site: Snake River Prototyping, LLC.

No corrections were made, this is video as is. The only filter used was a UV filter uncolored, I did buy their two filters for both green and blue water, they are URPro filters so kinda pricey but they are well made. I'll be diving with the green filter this weekend and will post a video for that too.

For the rig, this is basically what I did:
Underwater/Stability Rig For GoPro Camera

AWESOME! Thanks for the information. I like the instructable and think it may be a fun build. With your flat lens did you install it yourself? Was it easy to do? Do you remove your internal lens?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom